- Beekeeping through a partnership with The University of Minnesota Bee Squad
- 85kw Rooftop solar panel array to offset common area electric use
- Many sustainable building materials with thoughtful supply chain sourcing including prefabrication to reduce construction time and environmental impact.
- Applied Passive House Principles to increase energy efficiency, including:
- Increasing the R value (insulating value on exterior walls) above and beyond what’s required by code, creating a better sealed weather barrier that reduces exterior energy loss.
- High performance windows and installation method: Windows Advanced Comfort, Low-E & Argon with STC glass for sound reduction at most bedrooms
- Lower sun deck offers green, “living” roof with a yoga room, outdoor spa, sauna and a pollinator garden
- Native plantings with a birch grove, and stormwater reuse for greenspace irrigation
- Electric car and bike charging
- High-efficiency HVAC with constant positive fresh air and option to upgrade to TCACS, a catalytic air cleaning system that kills bacteria and viruses
- Gen2 energy-efficient elevators with cab air purifiers to neutralize bacteria and viruses.
- Enhanced common area ventilation with natural light in common areas and parking garage
- Common spaces to support residents who actively work from home
- Extra wide corridors and breakout spaces to promote social distancing
All electric residential units, allowing a net-zero carbon footprint. This means:
- High-efficient electric HVAC, including a smart thermostat for in-home energy control
- LED lighting
- Electric ranges
- Ventless electric dryers
- Where applicable, appliances, windows and doors meet or exceed ENERGY STAR guidelines
- Motion activated LED lighting, and natural light in corridors
- High-efficiency hot water supply
- Low flow plumbing fixtures
- CARB 2 Compliant flooring and cabinets
- Low and No VOC paints and finishes
- Dual flush toilets
- Insulated double stud party wall with air gap and sound channel
- Acousti-Mat floor underlayment
- Onsite composting and recycling
- Option to purchase all renewable for monthly utilities (solar and wind)
Transform the way you live.
Residents don’t have to compromise comfort to reduce their carbon-footprint and lessen their impact on the environment. The Quentin offers residents a sustainable home with a path to live net zero.